Fishing at Barmston Farm
Barmston Farm offers some of the best fishing in East Yorkshire, and is free of charge for guests staying on the park. The lake is more than 3 acres set within a 10 acre field and is the perfect setting for a relaxing days fishing in the well stocked lake.
On 19th June 2103 a 9lb 8oz eel was caught by Mike Jackson, the largest eel ever caught in the North of England and in the top few in the entire country. Well done Mike! Pictures below:
As with everything at Barmston Farm, quality is the main objective, and investment has been made in both the lake, and the fish it carries:
- Common and mirror carp, up to 30lb
- Fl Hybrid Carp
- Eel’s to 9lb 8oz
The site and local area offers a huge amount for everyone so, for visitors with different interests, whilst one enjoys a peaceful and relaxing day fishing, the other may wish to visit Beverley, York, or Hull for the shopping, restaurants and bars, or Bridlington and Scarborough for the seaside, or simply take in some of the excellent tourist attractions that are close by.
To maintain a high quality fishing experience for everyone, we operate the following rules:
- No fish to be removed from the pond
- Barbless hooks only
- All landing nets to be dipped in disinfection tanks for 15 to 20 minutes
- No nuts, or chickpeas. Ground bait in moderation only
- No keepnets
- No dogs – except for guests staying on site
- Fishing from pegs only
- No litter, fires, radios, or guns
- No one under 16 unless accompanied by an adult
- Night fishing by appointment only to known, regular, day ticket anglers (£30)
The fishing lake is open to day ticket anglers from March 1st to October 31st, 7 days a week, from 7.30 am.
Fishing Price List:
|Day tickets||After 3pm|
|Adults £7 (up to 2 rods)||Adults £5|
|Children £5 (under 16 – up to 2 rods)||Children £3|
|Anglers and spouces only – no non-fishing hangers on|
Please e-mail any photo’s of your catches and we will post them on our website with names & weights etc.